Raw Banana Masala Chips
- Raw Banana/Aratikaya/ Vazhaikai – ½ kg
- Dry red chillies – 6-8
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder to taste, optional
- Asafoetida a pinch, optional
- Curry leaves – 4 sprigs
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut the raw banana into thin round slices.
- Grind the dry red chillies, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt to a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste over the raw banana slices. Ensure it has been coated well on all the slices.
- Sun dry for a while so that the moisture goes off quickly, so that the absorption of oil will be less during deep fry.(This step can be skipped)
- Let it be for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan and fry curry leaves crisp with the stem & keep it in aside.
- Put the slices in the hot oil.
- Fry till it has become golden brown and drain from the oil.
- Keep it in a kitchen towel so that the excess oil is absorbed.
- Remove the stem from the curry leaves and spread on the fried chips.
- Sprinkle pepper powder at this stage if needed.
- Store it in air-tight containers once it has been cooled.
Under Topics: Aratikaya Chips, Aratikaya Masala Chips, Chips, Raw Banana Masala Chips, Vazhaikai chips, Vazhaikai Masala Chips,