Kodi Mamsam Pulusu / Chicken in Tangy Gravy
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Tomato Puree – 2cups
- Coconut Paste – 2 tbsps
- Ginger – Garlic – 2 tsps
- Jeelakkara / Jeera – 1 tsp
- Yalakulu / Cardamom – 4
- Lavangalu / Cloves – 4
- Dalchinna Chekka / Cinnamon – 1” piece, 2 no’s
- Marati Moggu – 2
- Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
- Red chilli powder – 4 tsps
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Chintpandu/ Tamarind Paste – 2
- Heat the oil in a pan, add jeera, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, marati moggu one by one and fry for about half a minute.
- Add curry leaves and ginger-garlic paste, fry for a minute.
- Now add tomato puree, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Sauté till the water from the tomatoes dries up and it starts leaving oil.
- Then add the cleaned chicken pieces & mix thoroughly for a minute.
- Pour the tamarind paste mixed with water.
- Bring it to boil, add coconut paste and cook till the chicken becomes soft.
- Serve the tasty kodi pulusu with hot steamed rice.
Same recipe can be repeated with country chicken instead of broiler chicken which will give tastier pulusu.