Karimeen warathathu / Pearl Spot Fish Fry
- Pearl spot Fish / Karimeen – 1 kg
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 2 tsps
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 4 tsps
- Pepper powder – 4 tsps
- Curry leaves – 4sprigs
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 cup
- Clean, wash and drain the fish with water. Make some slits using sharp knife on stomach & both the sides of the fish.
- Take a tablespoon of water and mix all the powders to form a thick paste.
- Add the ginger- garlic paste and salt.
- Marinade this paste over the fishes and keep it in the fridge for an hour or two.
- Keeping in fridge helps the masala to be absorbed quickly.
- Heat oil in a thick-bottomed pan, add the curry leaves.
- Put the fish on the oil, fry till it has become dark golden brown and turn to the other side.
- Fry till the fish has fired evenly on all sides.
- Drain from the oil and Keep it in the kitchen towel.
- Serve hot as starter or as accompaniment for Rasam Rice.
Note: Any fleshy variety of fish which is suitable for frying can be fried using the above method.
Under Topics: fish fry, Karimeen warathathu, Pearl Spot Fish Fry, warathathu,