Dum Aloo/Dum Potato
- Small Potatoes – 1/4 kg
- Curd – 2 tbsps
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Cummin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsps
- Salt to taste
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork.
- Take a large bowl, and beat the curd & add the ginger-garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder and garam masala powder.
- Now add the potatoes in the curd mixture and coat them well.
- Heat the oil in a pan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Add cummin seeds, till they splutter and then add the potatoes with the curd mixture also.
- Cook on high flame, stirring continuously till the masala dries and the oil separates.
- Add a cup water and adjust salt. Turn the heat to low and cover tightly and cook till the potatoes are tender.
- Serve as a side dish to roti or rice.
Under Topics: Dum Aloo, Dum Potato,