Bitter Gourd Fry/ Kakarakaya Vepudu
- Bitter Gourd / Kakarakaya – 3 no’s, big sizes
- Onions – 2 no’s, medium size
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Dry coconut powder – 1/2 cup
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Dry red chillies – 1 no
- Oil for frying
Method Of Preparation:
- Wash and scrape the skin on the bitter gourd.
- Cut them into small pieces. Mix with the salt in a bowl and keep them aside for sometime.
- Cut onions and deep fry it in the oil till it turns golden brown.
- Then squeeze the bitter gourd and fry it in the oil.
- Mix together dry coconut powder, red chilli powder, crushed garlic and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera, urad dal, channa dal, red chilli and curry leaves.
- Then add red coconut chilly mixture to the seasoning and stir till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add the fried bitter gourd and onions.
- Stir them on a very low flame for a while and remove.
- Serve as a accompaniment.